A Conceptual Model of Optimizing Service System for the 3rd Generation Service Innovation
Information and communication technology (ICT) has been influencing on service innovation. The 1st generation service innovation has been developed using technologies such as customer database in intranet business information systems. The 2nd generation service innovation has been brought by the internet. Now we are in the new information technology era using Internet of things (IoT) or artificial intelligence (AI) such as deep learning. This paper proposes a concept of the 3rd generation service innovation, which optimizes service system creating service values for customers.
KeywordsService innovation Value creation Service system Optimization Internet of things
This research was supported by Japanese Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI No. 25240049).
- 1.Lovelock, L., Wirtz, J.: Services Marketing, 6th edn. Pearson Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Demirkan, H., Spohrer, J., Krishna, V.: The Science of Service Systems. Springer, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Lusch, R.F., Vargo, S.L.: The Service Dominant Logic of Marketing. Sharpe, Inc., ME (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Kosaka, M., Shirahada, K., Ito, Y.: A concept of service field in service systems for creating service value. In: Proceedings of the 4th Japan-China Joint Symposium on Information Systems, Nanchang, Jiangxi, China, pp. 35–40 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Sumi, T., Kitatani, T.: Trends and issues in service business innovations in Japanese manufacturing industry. In: Progressive Trends of Knowledge and System Based Science for Service Innovation, pp. 237–257. IGI global (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Matsuda, F., Kosaka, M.: Hitachi Construction Machine Co., Ltd.- M2M and cloud computing based information service. In: Wang, J., Kosaka, M., Xing, K. (eds.) Manufacturing Servitization in the Asia-Pacific, pp. 75–92. Springer, Singapore (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Kosaka, M.: A service value creation model and the role of ethnography. In: An Ethnography of Global Landscapes and Corridors, pp. 109–130. InTech (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Kosaka, M.: A framework for service system research based on system’s approach. In: The 4th Asian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS 2015), Penang, Malaysia (2015)Google Scholar