Optimization of Supplier Selection and Order Allocation Under Fuzzy Demand in Fuzzy Lead Time
This paper deals with the problem of Supplier Selection and Order Allocation (SSOA) in a fuzzy sense. The demand and delivery lead time are treated as fuzzy numbers. The fuzzy number is first transformed into interval numbers. After doing some arithmetic operations, those fuzzy interval numbers are defuzzified to a crisp quantity. This crisp quantity is further used as an input parameter in the model. Essentially, the main approach in this paper is based on the function principle and the pascal triangular graded mean approach. The SSOA problem is constructed as a Multiple Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) problem aiming to optimize the order quantities placed to many suppliers. The problem is solved by a fuzzy linear programming technique. A numerical example is also given for the illustration of the discussed issues.
KeywordsFunction principle Pascal triangular graded mean approach Multiple-objective linear programming Supplier Selection and Order Allocation problem
- 3.Tersine, R.J.: Principles of Inventory and Materials Management. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1994)Google Scholar
- 13.Sakar, B., Mahapatra, A.S.: Periodic review fuzzy inventory model with variable lead time and fuzzy demand. Int. Trans. Oper. Res. (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.Chen, S.H., Hsieh, C.H.: Graded mean integration representation of generalized fuzzy numbers. Chin. Fuzzy Syst. Assoc. 5(2), 1–7 (1999)Google Scholar
- 17.Babu, S.K., Anand, R.: Statistical optimization for generalised fuzzy number. Int. J. Mod. Eng. Res. 3(2), 647–651 (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.Suprasongsin, S., Yenradee, P., Huynh, V.N.: Suitable aggregation operator for a realistic supplier selection model based on risk preference of decision maker. In: Torra, V., Narukawa, Y., Navarro-Arribas, G., Yañez, C. (eds.) MDAI 2016. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 9880, pp. 68–81. Springer, Heidelberg (2016). doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-45656-0_6 CrossRefGoogle Scholar