Selection Probe of EEG Using Dynamic Graph of Autocatalytic Set (ACS)
Electroencephalography (EEG) machine is a medical equipment which is used to diagnose seizure. EEG signal records data in the form of graph which consist of abnormal patterns such as spikes, sharp waves and also spikes and wave complexes. This pattern also come in multiple line series which then give some difficulties to analyze. This paper introduce the implementation of dynamic graph of Autocatalytic Set (ACS) for EEG signal during seizure. The result is then compared with other publish method namely Principal Component Analysis (PCA) of same EEG data.
KeywordsDynamic graph Electroencephalography (EEG) Epilepsy Autocatalytic Set (ACS)
This work has been supported by Ibnu Sina Institute, MyBrain15 from Ministry of High Education Malaysia and University Teknologi Malaysia.
- 1.Teplan, M.: Fundamentals of EEG measurement. Measur. Sci. Rev. 2(2), 1–11 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Rowan, J.A., Tolunsky, E.: A Primer of EEG: with a Mini Atlas. Elsevier’s Health Sciences, USA (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Weaver, Donald: A Guide for Parents, Families and Sufferers Daily Telegraph. Robinson, London (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Engel, J.R., Van Ness, P.C., Rasmussen, T.B., Ojemann, L.M.: Outcome with respect to epileptic seizures. In: Surgical Treatment of the Epilepsies, pp. 609–622. Raven, New York (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Carlson, S.C.: Graph Theory. Encyclopedia Britannica, Chicago (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Brodal, P.: The Central Nervous System Structure and Function, 4th edn. Oxford University Press, New York (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Fauziah, Z.: Dynamic Profiling Of EEG Data During Seizure Using Fuzzy Information Space. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia: Ph.D. thesis (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Tahir, A., Fairuz, R.A., Zakaria, F., Isa, H.: Selection of a subset of EEG channels of epileptic patient during seizure using PCA. In: Proceedings of the 7th WSEAS International Conference on Signal Processing, Robotics and Automation. World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS) (2008)Google Scholar