Performance Analysis of Spectrum Sensing Algorithm Using Multiple Antenna in Cognitive Radio
There is a rapid growth and development of new wireless devices and applications therefore, there’s a need for more wireless radio spectrum. Cognitive radio is used to solve spectrum scarcity and meet the ever increasing demand of the spectrum using dynamic spectrum access. In context to cognitive radio, spectrum sensing is found to be a crucial task. In this paper, we have evaluated the energy detection technique for spectrum sensing using time domain and frequency domain- periodogram method. For performance comparison parameters like the probability of detection, probability of the missing signal detection and the false alarm probability for change in values of signal to noise ratio, sample count are taken into consideration. Multipath and shadowing effects are reduced using multiple antenna techniques which provide better bit error rates.
KeywordsSpectrum sensing Energy detection Multiple antenna
I hereby acknowledge my advisor Prof. Tanuja S. Dhope for guiding me in the right direction and also provide sincere gratitude to G.H.R.C.E.M, PUNE for providing framework to accomplish our work.
- 1.Maleki, S., Pandharipande, A., Leus, G.: Energy-efficient distributed spectrum sensing for cognitive sensor networks. In: IECON (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Dhope, T., Simunic, D., Kerner, A.: Analyzing the performance of spectrum sensing algorithms for IEEE 802.11 of standard in cognitive radio network. Stud. Inf. Control 21(1), 93–100 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Ganesan, G., (Geoffrey) Li, Y.: Agility improvement through cooperative diversity in cognitive radio. In: School of Electrical and Computer Engineering Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, pp. 30332–30250Google Scholar
- 7.Pandhari, A., Linnartz, J.: Performance analysis of primary user detection in multiple antenna cognitive radio. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communication (ICC 2007), pp. 6482–6486 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, J.-H., Baek, J.-H., Hwang, S.-H.: Collaborative Spectrum Sensing using Energy Detector in Multiple Antenna System. Department of Electronics Engineering, Dongguk University, SeoulGoogle Scholar
- 9.Thesis on: Spectrum sensing techniques for Cognitive radio systems with multiple Antennas. by Refik Fatih ÜSTOK Submitted to the Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences of İzmir Institute of Technology, June 2010Google Scholar
- 10.Cabric, S.D., Mishra, S.M., Brodersen, R.W.: Implementation issues in spectrum sensing for cognitive radios. In: Proceedings of Asilomar conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, vol. 1, pp. 772–776, 7–10 November 2004Google Scholar
- 12.Sadeghi, H., Azmi, P.: A novel primary user detection method for multiple antenna cognitive radio. In: International Symposium on Telecommunications, pp. 188–192 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Lopez-Valcarce, R., Vazquez-Vilar, G., Sala, J.: Multiantenna spectrum sensing for cognitive radio: overcoming noise uncertainty. In: IAPR Workshop on Cognitive Information Processing, pp. 310–315. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Rathi, S., Dua, R.L., Singh, P.: Spectrum sensing in cognitive radio using MIMO technique. Int. J. Soft Comput. Eng. (IJSCE) 1(5), 259–265 (2011). ISSN: 2231–2307Google Scholar
- 18.Yong-feng, W., Ou, L.: Multi-channel coordinated spectrum sensing strategy in multiple antennae based cognitive radio networks (2014)Google Scholar