Efficient Key Management in IoT Using Mobile Aggregator
Managing keys in Internet of Things (IoT) is challenging. With this proposed work we are trying to address an efficient key management protocol for specific application based scenario which enforces secure connectivity of devices and minimizes node capture attacks. There are a number of protocols that have been enforced and implemented for wireless sensor networks (WSN) and internet-enabled devices. We propose a protocol with mobility interface using combinatorial designs for key management in IoT devices. Mobile devices follow a dedicated path to collect data securely from installed devices in the network. We also compare our work with existing protocols and few mobility models.
KeywordsIoT Key predistribution WSN Combinatorial design
- 1.Sundmaeker, H., Guillemin, P., Friess, P., Woelfflé, S.: Vision and challenges for realising the Internet of Things. In: EUR-OP, vol. 20, no. 10 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Pattanayak, A., Majhi, B.: Key predistribution schemes in distributed wireless sensor network using combinatorial designs revisited. IACR Cryptol. ePrint Arch. 2009, 131 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Ruj, S., Roy, B.: Key predistribution using combinatorial designs for grid-group deployment scheme in wireless sensor networks. ACM Trans. Sens. Netw. (TOSN) 6(1), 4 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Aschenbruck, N., Ernst, R., Gerhards-Padilla, E., Schwamborn, M.: BonnMotion: a mobility scenario generation and analysis tool. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques (ICST), p. 51 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Somasundara, A.A., Ramamoorthy, A., Srivastava, M.B.: Mobile element scheduling for efficient data collection in wireless sensor networks with dynamic deadlines. In: Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Real-Time Systems Symposium, pp. 296–305. IEEE (2004)Google Scholar