The Scale of Travel Planning Practice
- 247 Downloads
This chapter presents the first set of research results by detailing the findings of the online survey of Victorian councils. The aim of the chapter is to examine the scale of travel planning practice for new urban developments in Victoria.
KeywordsLocal Authority Central Business District Regional Council Survey Finding Formal Agreement
- Addison & Associates. (2008). Delivering travel plans through the planning process—Research report. London, UK: Department for Transport and Communities and Local Government.Google Scholar
- Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure. 2014. Victoria in future 2014 data tables. Australia: Victoria. http://www.dpcd.vic.gov.au/.
- De Gruyter, C., Rose, G., & Currie G (2014). ‘Securing travel plans through the planning approvals process: A case study of practice from Victoria, Australia’, Cities, 41 part A, 114–122.Google Scholar
- Harrison, J. (2003). Travel plans and the planning system. Journal of Planning and Environment Law, no. April 2003, 397–403.Google Scholar
- Hennink, M., Hutter, I., & Bailey, A. (2011). Qualitative research methods. UK: SAGE Publications Ltd.Google Scholar
- Llewellyn, R., Paton, D., & Tricker, R., (2014a) After the downturn: where now for travel plans in Scotland? Paper presented to Scottish Transport Applications & Research (STAR) conference, Glasgow, Scotland.Google Scholar
- Llewellyn, R., Tricker, R., & Paton, D. (2014b) Travel plans: A critical comparison of the application of land use planning processes in England and Scotland, Transport, no. i First, 1–13.Google Scholar
- Mack, N., Woodsong, C., MacQueen, K., Guest, G., & Namey, E. (2005). Qualitative research methods: A data collector’s field guide. North Carolina, USA: Family Health International.Google Scholar
- Seggerman, K., & Hendricks, S. (2005). Incorporating TDM into the land development process. State of Florida: Department of Transportation.Google Scholar
- Steer Davies Gleave. (2001). Take-up and effectiveness of travel plans and travel awareness campaigns: Final report. London, UK: Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions.Google Scholar
- Wynne, L. (2013). Travel planning and the land-use planning system: Understanding the effectiveness of travel planning requirements in NSW Development Control Plans, Unpublished Masters Thesis, University of New South Wales, Australia.Google Scholar