- 251 Downloads
The aim of this chapter is to describe the theoretical foundations for this research by providing a literature review of both implementation theory and planning enforcement theory. These theories strongly align with the research aim of identifying opportunities to enhance the implementation and subsequent effectiveness of travel plans for new residential developments.
KeywordsEffective Implementation Residential Development Travel Plan Systematic Enforcement Implementation Theory
- Askew, M. (2011). When travel matters: Opportunities, barriers and policy options for workplace travel management in Sydney. Ph.D. thesis, Macquarie University, Sydney.Google Scholar
- Elmore, R. (1978). Organizational models of social program implementation. Public Policy, 26(2), 185–228.Google Scholar
- Gunn, L. A. (1978). Why is implementation so difficult? Management Services in Government, 33, 169–176.Google Scholar
- Marzotto, T., Burnor, V., & Bonham, G. (2000). The evolution of public policy: Cars and the environment. Colorado, US: Lynne Rienner Publishers Inc.Google Scholar
- Mazmanian, D., & Sabatier, P. (1981). Effective policy implementation. Lexington Books, D.C. Heath and Company, US.Google Scholar
- O’Toole, L. (2007). Interorganizational relations in implementation. In B. Peters & J. Pierre (Eds.), Handbook of public administration (pp. 142–152). London, UK: SAGE Publications Ltd.Google Scholar
- Planning Enforcement Officers Association Inc. (2007). A guide to planning enforcement in Victoria, PEOA, Victoria, Australia, viewed 25 September 2014. http://planning-enforcement.com/.
- Pülzl, H., & Treib, O. (2007). Implementing public policy. In F. Fischer, G. Miller & M. Sidney (Eds.), Handbook of public policy analysis: Theory, politics and methods. US: Taylor & Francis Group.Google Scholar
- Sabatier, P., & Mazmanian, D. (1981) The implementation of public policy: A framework of analysis. In: D, Mazmanian, & P. Sabatier (Eds.), Effective policy implementation. US: D.C. Heath and Company.Google Scholar
- Victorian Auditor-General. (2008). Enforcement of planning permits. Australia: Victoria.Google Scholar
- Winter, S. (2007). Implementation perspectives: Status and reconsideration. In B. Peters & J. Pierre (Eds.), Handbook of public administration (pp. 131–141). London, UK: SAGE Publications Ltd.Google Scholar