PBL Curriculum Strategies
- 436 Downloads
These words are formulated by Freire in Education for critical consciousness. We could formulate similar hypotheses: while all problem and project based learning (PBL) transitions involve change, not all PBL changes result in more comprehensive transition. If academic staff and students are not critically aware of the transition from a lecture-based curriculum to a problem and project based curriculum, contradictions increase between ways of knowing, acting and being in the traditional curriculum and an emerging curriculum.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ABET. (1995). A vision for change: A summary of the ABET/NSF industry workshops. Baltimore, MD: ABET, Inc. Retrieved from http://bioinfo.uib.es/~joe/semdoc/PlansEstudis/ABET_Criteria_PTE/Vision.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Barnett, R., & Coate, K. (2004). Engaging the curriculum in higher education (1st ed.). Maidenhead & New York, NY: Open University Press.Google Scholar
- Christensen, J., Henriksen, L. B., & Kolmos, A. (2006). Engineering science, skills and bildung. Aalborg: Aalborg Universitetsforlag.Google Scholar
- Christensen, J., Henriksen, L. B., Kolmos, A., & Christensen, J. (2006). Engineering science, skills, and bildung. In A. Kolmos & A. Kolmos (Eds.), Engineering science, skills, and bildung (pp. 7–19). Aalborg: Aalborg Universitetsforlag.Google Scholar
- EURASHE. (2009). The Bologna process 2020 the European higher education area in the new decade. Brussels: European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE). Retrieved from https://www.eurashe.eu/library/bologna_2009_leuven-communique-pdf/
- De Graaf, E., & Kolmos, A. (2007). Management of change: Implementation of problem-based and project-based learning in engineering (1st ed.). Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Sense Publishers.Google Scholar
- EU Commission. (2008). Improving competences for the 21st century: An agenda for European cooperation on schools. Brussels: Commission of the European Communities. Retrieved from http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex:52008DC0425Google Scholar
- Freire, P. (1973). Education for critical consciousness (Vol. 1). New York, NY: Bloomsbury Publishing.Google Scholar
- Kolmos, A. (1996). Reflections on project work and problem-based learning. European Journal of Engineering Education, 21(2), 141–148. Retrieved from http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/03043799608923397CrossRefGoogle Scholar