The Appeal of Innovation
Innovation is necessary to face the present challenges in society (Europe 2020). We know that new ideas flourish from diversity. Differences between the two genders constitute a fundamental source of diversity in society. A consequence is that society could be more innovative if both genders are equally represented and they are both able to contribute. It is more and more important that diversity of ideas in decisional processes lead to develop innovation.
KeywordsFree Association Engineer Faculty Correspondence Factor Analysis Woman Scientist Woman Student
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Badaloni, S., Brondi, S., Contarello, A., Manganelli, A.M. 2010. “The threatened excellence. Reasoning about young women’s scientific and technological careers in Padua University, Italy.” In Proceedings of the PROMETEA International Conference. Rotterdam: Sense Publisher B.V.Google Scholar
- Badaloni S, Drace CA, Gia O, Levorato MC, Vidotto F, editors. Under-representation of women in Science and Technology. Padova: CLEUP; 2008a.Google Scholar
- Badaloni S, Contarello A, Allegrini A, Brondi S. “Science, Technology, Scientists: What do University students say? Results from an interdisciplinary enquiry at Padua University” Paper presented at ICWES (14th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists). Lille, July. 2008b;15–18:2008.Google Scholar
- Benzecri, et al. 1973. L ’analyse des données. L ’analyse des correspondances. Vol.2. Paris: Dunod.Google Scholar
- Beraud, A., EPWS. 2010. The HELENA research project. EPWS. Annual Conference, Women in Present and Future European. Brussels: Research; 2010.Google Scholar
- Blumberg RL. Mothers of inventions? The mith-breaking history and planetary promise of women’s key roles in subsistence technology. In: Amichai-Hamburger Y, editor. Technology and Psychological Well-being. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2009.Google Scholar
- Etzkowitz, H., Ranga, M. 2011. “Women in Science, Engineering and Technology: the “Field Status” Paradox.” cf. http://www.ingenere.it/sites/default/files/articoli/Ranga-Etzkowitz%20ENG.pdf
- Lebart, L., Morineau, A., Becue, M., Haeusler L. 1989. Système portable pour l'analyse des données textuelles (SPAD.T), Paris: Cisia.Google Scholar
- Ryan, M.K., Haslam, S.A. e Kulich, C. 2010. “Politics and the glass cliff: evidence that women are preferentially selected to contest hard-to-win seats” Psychology of Women Quarterly, 34: 56–64.Google Scholar
- Schraudner, M. 2010. “Can gender shape the future of technology?” cfr. http://www.scribd.com/doc/31622942/Dr-Martina-Schraudner-Can-gender-shape-the-future-of-technology
- Schiebinger, L. 2011. “Gendered Innovations in Science, Medicine, and Technology.” cf. http://www.ingenere.it/sites/default/files/articoli/Schiebinger%20ENG.pdf