Varying Fundamental Constants from a String-Inspired Brane World Model
We report results on the construction of cosmological braneworld models in the context of the Einstein-Gauss-Bonnet gravity, which include the leading correction to the Einstein-Hilbert action suggested by superstring theory. We obtain and study the equations governing the dynamics of the standard cosmological models. We find that they can be written in the same form as in the case of the Randall-Sundrum model but with time-varying four-dimensional gravitational and cosmological constants. Finally, we discuss the cosmological evolution predicted by these models and their compatibility with observational data.
KeywordsBlack Hole Friedmann Equation Positive Acceleration Standard Cosmological Model Cosmological Dynamic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Binétruy, P., Deffayet, C., Ellwanger, U. and Langlois, D.: 2000, Phys. Lett. B477, p. 285.Google Scholar
- Germani, C. and Sopuerta, C.F.: 2002a, Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, p. 231101–1.Google Scholar
- Germani, C. and Sopuerta, C.F.: 2002b, in preparation.Google Scholar
- Maartens, R.: 2000, Phys. Rev. D62, p. 084023–1.Google Scholar
- Maartens, R., Wands, D., Bassett, B.A. and Heard, I.: 2000, Phys. Rev. D 62, p. 04130–1.Google Scholar
- Zwiebach, B.: 1985, Phys. Lett. B156, p. 315.Google Scholar