Measures of Fuzziness of Solutions of Max-Min Fuzzy Relation Equations on Linear Lattices
In this Ch. we continue to study the max-min fuzzy relation equation (3.3) defined on finite sets and assuming L to be a linear lattice with universal bounds 0 and 1 but endowed with an additional structure L’ of a complete linear lattice with universal bounds 0’ and 1’, tied to the foregoing one by accurate and reasonable requirements. These are basic preliminaries in order to solve some important optimization problems in the set of solutions of a fuzzy equation. Strictly speaking, introducing a suitable functional which measures the “fuzziness content” of a fuzzy relation, we characterize all the solutions of a max-min composite fuzzy equation possessing the smallest and the greatest value of such fuzziness.
KeywordsEnergy Measure Fuzzy Relation Fuzziness Measure Fuzzy Information Fuzzy Entropy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. De Luca, Dispersion measures of fuzzy sets, in Approximate Reasoning in Expert Systems ( M.M. Gupta, A. Kandel, W. Bandler and J.B. Kiszka, Eds.), Elsevier Science Publishers B.V. (North-Holland), Amsterdam (1985), pp. 199 - 216.Google Scholar
- A. De Luca and S. Termini, Entropy and energy measures of fuzzy sets, in: Advances in fuzzy Sets Theory and Applications ( M.M. Gupta, R.K. Ragade and R.R. Yager, Eds.), North-Holland, Amsterdam (1979), pp. 321 - 328.Google Scholar
- A. De Luca and S. Termini, On some algebraic aspects of the measure of fuzziness, in: Fuzzy Information and Decision Processes ( M.M. Gupta and E. Sanchez, Eds.), North-Holland, Amsterdam (1982), pp. 17 - 24.Google Scholar
- A. Di Nola and A. Ventre, Ordering via fuzzy entropy, in: Fuzzy Information and Decision Processes ( M.M. Gupta and E. Sanchez, Eds.), North-Holland, Amsterdam (1982), pp. 25 - 28.Google Scholar
- A. Di Nola and A. Ventre, Towards an algebraic setting of measures of fuzziness, in: The Mathematics of Fuzzy Systems ( A. Di Nola and A. Ventre, Eds.), Verlag TÜV, Köln (1986), pp. 87 - 102.Google Scholar
- G.J. Klir, Ed., Special Issue on Measures of Uncertainty, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 24 (1987).Google Scholar
- J. Knopfmacher, On measures of fuzziness, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 49 (1975), 529534.Google Scholar
- T. Riera and E. Trillas, From measures of fuzziness to Booleanity control, in Fuzzy Information and Decision Processes ( M.M. Gupta and E. Sanchez, Eds.) North-Holland, Amsterdam (1982), pp. 3 - 16.Google Scholar
- S. Weber, Measures of fuzzy sets and measures of fuzziness. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 13 (1984), 247-271.Google Scholar