An Implementation of the Elliptic Curve Integer Factorization Method
This paper describes the second author’s implementation of the elliptic curve method for the factorization of integers as it is currently available in the computational algebra package Magma, which is under development at the University of Sydney.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. P. Brent, Some integer factorization algorithms using elliptic curves, Research Report CMA-R32–85, The Australian National Univ., Canberra, 1985.Google Scholar
- J. Brillhart, D. H. Lehmer, J. L. Selfridge, B. Tuckerman, S. S. Wagstaff, Jr., Factorizations of bn ± 1, b = 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12 up to high powers,second edition, Contemp. Math. 22, Providence: Amer. Math. Soc., 1988.Google Scholar
- D. V. Chudnovsky, G. V. Chudnovsky, Sequences of numbers generated by addition in formal groups and new primality and factorization tests, IBM Research Report RC 11262, 1985.Google Scholar
- A. K. Lenstra, LIP, a long integer package,available for anonymous ftp from /pub/lenstra on f lash.bellcore. com.Google Scholar
- A. K. Lenstra, H. W. Lenstra, Jr., Algorithms in number theory, Chapter 12 in: J. van Leeuwen (ed.), Handbook of theoretical computer science, Volume A, Algorithms and complexity, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1990.Google Scholar
- A. K. Lenstra, H. W. Lenstra, Jr., (eds.) The development of the number field sieve, Lecture Notes in Math. 1554, Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- A. K. Lenstra, M. S. M.nasse, Factoring by electronic mail, Advances in cryptology, Eurocrypt ‘89, Lecture Notes in Comput. Sci. 434 (1990), 355–371.Google Scholar
- H. W. Lenstra, Jr., Elliptic curves and number-theoretic algorithms, pp. 99–120 in: A. M. Gleason (ed.), Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, August 3–11, 1986 (Berkeley, California), Providence: American Mathematical Society, 1987.Google Scholar
- P. L. Montgomery, An FFT extension of the elliptic curve method of factorization, PhD thesis, Los Angeles, 1992.Google Scholar
- RSA Data Security Corporation Inc., sci.crypt, May 18, 1991; information available by sending electronic mail to challenge-rsa-list@rsa. com.Google Scholar
- H. Suyama, Informal preliminary report, October 1985.Google Scholar