Generation of Cocyclic Hadamard Matrices
The theory of cocyclic development of designs is applied to binary matrices, and an algorithm for generating cocyclic binary matrices is outlined. The eventual goal is to generate and classify all cocyclic Hadamard matrices of small side, in terms of an underlying group G and a cocycle f : G × G → Z 2. Preliminary results are presented and open problems are posed.
KeywordsAbelian Group Free Abelian Group Hadamard Matrice Hadamard Matrix Binary Matrice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. S. Brown, Cohomology of groups, Graduate Texts in Math. 87, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1982.Google Scholar
- D. L. Flannery, A method for calculating cocyclic matrices, Research Report No. 5, Department of Mathematics, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, March 1994.Google Scholar
- K. J. Horadam and W. de Launey, Cocyclic development of designs, J. Algebraic Combinatorics 2 (1993) 267–290; Erratum, ibid. 3 (1994) 129.Google Scholar
- J. Seberry and M. Yamada, Hadamard matrices, sequences and block designs, Chapter 11 in: J. H. Dinitz, D. R. Stinson (eds.), Contemporary Design Theory: A Collection of Surveys, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1992.Google Scholar
- P. J. Shlichta, Three and four-dimensional Hadamard matrices, Bull. Amer. Phys. Soc., ser. 11, (1971), 825–826.Google Scholar