Humanoid humeral pointing kinematics is implemented in a humanoid robotic shoulder complex consisting of a parallel mechanism as the innermost shoulder girdle and a serial mechanism as the outermost spherical glenohumeral joint. These subsystems operate cooperatively as an offset double pointing system. The humanoid humeral pointing kinematics are also implemented within a passive humanoid shoulder complex.
KeywordsHumanoid Shoulder Shoulder Girdle Parallel Mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Tsuji. T., Morasso, P. G., Goto, K., and Ito K. (1995), Human hand impedance characteristics during maintained posture, Biol. Cybern., pp. 475–485.Google Scholar
- Lenarčič, J. (1999), Basic kinematic characteristics of humanoid manipulators, Laboratory Robotics and Automation, vol. 11, pp. 31–38.Google Scholar
- Zatsiorky, V., Kinematics of Human Motion,Human Kinetics Pub.Google Scholar
- Kohne, A., Klopcar, N., and Lenarčič, J., A robotic model of the shoulder girdle contraction, Proc. of ERK’01 Electrotecnical and Computer Science Conf. - Part B,Portoroz, Slovenia, pp. 219–222.Google Scholar
- Dvir, Z., and Berme, N. The shoulder complex in elevation of the arm: A mechanism approach, Journal of Biomechanics, vol. 11, pp. 219–225.Google Scholar
- Inman, V. T., Saunders, J. B., and Abbott, L. C., Observation on the function of the shoulder joint, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, vol. 26, pp. 1–30.Google Scholar
- Umek-Venturini, A., and Lenarčič, J., The kinematics of the human arm elevation in the frontal plane, Proc. of the 11th Int. Symp. on Biomedical Engineering,Zagreb,Croatia, pp. 105–108.Google Scholar
- Lenarčič, J., Stanisie, M. M., and Parenti-Castelli, V.,(a), Kinematic design of a humanoid robotic shoulder complex, IEEE Intl. Conf. on Robotics and Automation,San F’ransisco, pp. 27–32.Google Scholar
- Lenarcčič, J., Stanisie, M. M., and Parenti-Castelli, V.,(b), A 4 dof parallel mechanism simulating the movement of the human sternum-clavicle-scapula complex,Advances in Robot Kinematics,eds. J. Lenarcic and M.M. Stanisie, pp. 325–333.Google Scholar
- Craig, J. J., Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and Control, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co.,Google Scholar