Effect-Focused Air Quality Management
There is substantial concern about the environmental impacts of air pollution at the local, regional, and global scale. It has been shown that observed levels of various air pollutants can threaten human health, vegetation, wildlife, and cause damage to physical structures. In order to limit the negative effects of air pollution, measures to reduce emissions from a variety of sources have been initiated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The precise definition of PWL functions is given by equation (13.34) on page 384.Google Scholar
- 2.CONOPT provides a very useful diagnosis by making an analysis at a starting point and refusing to solve a badly scaled problem.Google Scholar
- 3.A variable is considered nonlinear if it enters a nonlinear constraint; a constraint is considered nonlinear if it has at least one nonlinear element of the Jacobian. In our model the nonlinear constraints are defined by (13.21), therefore each of them has mostly nonlinear elements.Google Scholar
- 4.Assuming the objective to be the sum of the emission reduction costs for all countries.Google Scholar
- 5.http://www.iiasa.ac.at/~rains/.Google Scholar