Ant Colony Search, Advanced Engineered-Conditioning Genetic Algorithms and Fuzzy Logic Controlled Genetic Algorithms: Economic Dispatch Problems
Various novel search algorithms have been proposed in recent years, some of which have been described in some details in the previous chapters. This chapter is to present some newly developed techniques in the areas of natural phenomena inspired algorithms and hybridisations. The three algorithms described are: ant colony search [1,2], advanced engineered-conditioning genetic algorithm  and fuzzy logic controlled genetic algorithms . Some test results on economic dispatch problems have also been given.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Fuzzy Controller Fuzzy Logic Controller Cost Curve Load Demand
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M Dorigo, V Maniezzo and A Colorni, The Ant System: Optimization by a Colony of Co-operating Agents, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 1995Google Scholar
- 2.V Chou, Y H Song, Ant colony-tabu approach for combined heat and power economic dispatch, Proc 32nd UPFC, 1997, pp. 605–608Google Scholar
- 3.Y H Song, C S Chou, Advanced engineered-conditioning genetic approach to power economic dispatch, Proc IEE–GTD, Pt.C, Vol. 144, No. 3, 1997, pp. 285–292Google Scholar
- 4.Y H Song, G S Wang, P Y Wang, A T Johns, Enviromental/economic dispatch using fuzzy controlled genetic algorithms, Proc IEE–GTD, Pt.C, Vol. 144, No. 4, 1997, pp. 377–384Google Scholar
- 5.W D Potter, B E Tonn, R V Gandham, C N Lapena, Improving the reliability of heuristic multiple fault diagnosis via the engineered-conditioning-based genetic algorithm, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 2, 1992, pp. 5–23Google Scholar
- 6.J A Miller, W D Watterr, R V Grandham, C N Lapena, An evaluation of local improvement operators for genetic algorithms’, IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.23, No. 5, Sep/Oct 1993, pp. 1340–1350Google Scholar
- 7.A J Wood, B F Wollenberg, Power generation, operation control, John Wiley amp; Sons, New York, 1996Google Scholar