Life and Inequalities: D. S. Mitrinović (1908–1995)
Professor Dragoslav S. Mitrinović, the famous scientist, a modest man, teacher and a model of many generations, died on April 2, 1995. He was born in Smederevo, Serbia, on June 23, 1908, as the first child of Svetislav and Marija Mitrinović. His sister Ružica (1909–1993) was the second and the last child in the Mitrinović family. Their father, a known judge, died when Dragoslav was seven, so that he was forced to fight for his living himself. He received elementary and secondary education in Priština and Vranje. In 1932 he graduated mathematics at the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade. The next year, as a student of Professor Mihailo Petrović — Alas, he defended his Ph.D. thesis in the field of Differential equations entitled “Investigations of an important differential equation of the first order”.
KeywordsFunctional Equation Integral Inequality Secondary School Teacher Elementary Inequality Famous Scientist
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.B. Crstici, Sur les contributions du Prof. D. S. Mitrinović à la théorie des inégalités, Dragoslav S. Mitrinovié — Life and Work, University “Kiril and Metodij” — Faculty of Mathematics — Skopje, Skopje, 1980, pp. 83-97.Google Scholar
- 3.B. Crstici, About some doctoral thesis directed by Professor Dragoslav S. Mitrinović in the domain of functional equations, Scientific Review 21–22 (1996), 15–22.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Dimitrovski, Dragoslav S. Mitrinović, Dragoslav S. Mitrinović — Life and Work, University “Kiril and Metodij” — Faculty of Mathematics — Skopje, Skopje, 1980, pp. 1-12. (Macedonian).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Ž. Djordjevic and R. R. Janić, Publications of D. S. Mitrinović, This Volume, pp. 11-27.Google Scholar
- 6.J. D. Kečkić, Contribution of Professor D. S. Mitrinović to Differential Equations, Univ. Beograd. Publ. Elektrotehn. Fak. Ser. Mat. Fiz. No. 602 — No. 633 (1978), 17–46.Google Scholar
- 7. ——, Contribution of Professor D. S. Mitrinović to functional equations, Dragoslav S. Mitrinović — Life and Work, University “Kiril and Metodij” — Faculty of Mathematics — Skopje, Skopje, 1980, pp. 67-82.Google Scholar
- 9.G. V. Milovanović, IN MEMORIAM — Prof. dr Dragoslav S. Mitrinović, Politika (May 9, 1995 & August 8, 1995).Google Scholar
- 10.G. V. Milovanović, Dragoslav S. Mitrinović (1908–1995) — Life and Scientific Work, Scientific Review 21–22 (1996), 1–13.Google Scholar