The importance of the careful design of rolling mill equipment in a small integrated plant cannot be overemphasised. The mill itself often represents over 50% of the investment in capital plant1 and its ability to produce the variety of product required at a competitive price, quality and delivery can determine the economic success or failure of the plant.
KeywordsRolling Temperature Continuous Mill Finish Pass Finish Block Reheat Furnace
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sharp, J. D. (1978) Institution of Metallurgists, Series 3, No. 9, March, 57.Google Scholar
- 2.Danieli, L. (1972) SEASI Quarterly, 1.Google Scholar
- 3.Mullins, P. J. (1972) Iron Age and Metal Industry, May, 29.Google Scholar
- 4.Wagner, R. (1979) Iron and Steel Engineer, May, 39.Google Scholar
- 5.Edsman, K. G. and Sandell, P. (1976) Iron and Steel Engineer, November, 60.Google Scholar
- 6.Anon (1978) Metal Bulletin Monthly, March, 27.Google Scholar
- 7.Brown Boveri Review, Electrical Equipment for Steelworks, July 1978, Vol. 7.Google Scholar
- 8.Metals Society (1980) The Steel Industry in the Eighties, 90.Google Scholar
- 9.Koch, B. and Kopp, R. (1979) Stahl u. Eisen, 79(21), 1139.Google Scholar
- 10.Hoskins, K. R. (1973) Journal of the Iron and Steel Institute, March, 217.Google Scholar
- 11.Hamrin, R., Jorgensen, P. and Strandell, P. O. (1976) Cont. Casting of Steel Conf. Biarritz.Google Scholar
- 12.Bretschneider, E. and Albedyhl, M. (1979) Iron and Steel Engineer, April, 57.Google Scholar