Les Analysis Of Turbulent Flow Past a Square Cylinder Using Various SGS Models
- 328 Downloads
The turbulent vortex shedding flow past a two-dimensional square cylinder at Re=2.2×104 (test case LES2) was analyzed by Large Eddy Simulation using various dynamic subgrid-scale (SGS) models [1–5]. The types of SGS model used are as follows: the static type of conventional Smagorinsky model (S model, eqns.(l) and (2) in the Appendix (case 1)); the Dynamic Smagorinsky model (DS model, eqn.(6) in the Appendix (case 2)); the Dynamic Mixed model (DM model, eqn.(10) in the Appendix (case 3)); and the Lagrangian Dynamic Mixed model (LDM model, eqn.(16) in the Appendix (case 4)).
KeywordsLarge Eddy Simulation Cylinder Wall Stagger Grid Smagorinsky Model Dynamic Smagorinsky Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Meneveau, C, T.S. Lund and W. Cabot, A lagrangian dynamic subgrid-scale model of turbulence, Proceedings of the Summer Program 1994, Center for Turbulence Research, pp.2746–2757 (1991).Google Scholar
- LES workshop of Flows past Bluff Bodies, June 26–28 Rottach-Egern, Tegernsee, Germany, organized by W. Rodi and J.H. Ferziger (1995).Google Scholar
- Werner, H. and H. Wengle, Large-eddy simulation of turbulent flow over and around a cube in a plate channel, 8th Symp. on Turbulent Shear Flows 19–4 (1991).Google Scholar
- Murakami, S., W. Rodi, A. Mochida and S. Sakamoto, Large eddy simulation of turbulent vortex shedding flow past 2D square cylinders, in: Proc. Symp. on Engineering Applications of large Eddy Simulations (FED-Vol.162). ASME p.113 (1991).Google Scholar
- Rhie, C.M. and W.L. Chow, Numerical study of the turbulent flow past an airfoil with trailing edge separation, AIAA Journal, vol. 21, No.11 (1983).Google Scholar
- Ooka, R., S. Murakami and A. Mochida, Study on conservation property of kinetic energy of LES with colocated grid, submitted to International Journal of Numerical Method in Fluids.Google Scholar
- Bardina, J., J.H. Ferziger and W.C. Reynolds, Improved Subgrid-Scale Models for Large-Eddy Simulation, AIAA paper-80 (1981).Google Scholar
- Akselvoll, K., and P. Moin, Large eddy simulation of a backward facing step flow, Eng. Turbulence Modelling and Experiments 2 pp.303–313 (1993).Google Scholar