Flow Past a Square Cylinder: Test Case LES2
- 356 Downloads
A series of large-eddy simulations of flow past a square cylinder at Re = 21400 have been conducted by seven groups of researchers. A comparative report is presented of the time-average results with a view to establishing any clear advantage of particular subgrid scale modelling approaches, wall treatments, and numerical methods.
KeywordsStrouhal Number Smagorinsky Model Subgrid Model Flow Past Outflow Boundary Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CHENG CM., LU P.C. & CHENG R.H. (1992) Wind loads on square cylinders in homogeneous turbulent flows, J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aero. 41, 729.Google Scholar
- KAWASHIMA N. & KAWAMURA H. (1997) Numerical analysis of LES of flow past a long square cylinder. Following in this volume.Google Scholar
- KOGAKI T., KOBAYASHI T. & N. TANIGUCHI (1997) LES of flow around a square cylinder. Following in this volume.Google Scholar
- MURAKAMI S., MOCHIDA A., TOMINAGA Y.& IIZUKA S. (1997) LES analysis of turbulent flow past a square cylinder using various SGS models. Following in this volume.Google Scholar
- NOZAWA K. & TAMURA T. (1997) LES of flow past a square cylinder using embedded meshes. Following in this volume.Google Scholar
- RODI W., FERZIGER J.H., BREUER M. & POURQUIÉ M. (1996) Status of Large Eddy Simulation: Results of a Workshop. J. Fluids Eng. To appear.Google Scholar
- VERSTAPPEN R.W.C.P. & VELDMAN A.E.P. (1997) Fourth-order DNS of flow past a square cylinder: first results. Following in this volume.Google Scholar
- WANG G. & VANKA S.P. (1996) Large Eddy Simulations of High Reynolds Number Turbulent Flow Over a Square Cylinder. Report CFD 96–02, Computational Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, Dept. Mech & Ind. Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL 61801.Google Scholar
- WANG G. & VANKA S.P. (1997) LES of flow over a square cylinder. Following in this volume.Google Scholar