Dynamic Subgrid Pdf Modeling for Nonpremixed Turbulent Combustion
- 324 Downloads
Large Damköhler number nonpremixed combustion is considered and subgrid fluctuations of mixture fraction are accounted for through a subgrid probability density function (SGPDF). First, the response of the LES dynamic model to heat release induced effects is studied by using a presumed form for the SGPDF. Then, a dynamic closure for diffusive processes is proposed. It provides a subgrid mixing time scale and a solution for the SGPDF transport equation. To estimate the validity of these closures, LES and DNS have been performed in 3D homogeneous and freely decaying turbulence.
KeywordsLarge Eddy Simulation Mixture Fraction Turbulent Combustion Fuel Mass Fraction Nonpremixed Turbulent Flame
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Borghi, R. (1988). Turbulent combustion modelling. Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., 14.Google Scholar
- Bray, K. and Peters, N. (1994). Laminar flamelets in turbulent flames. In Libby, P. and Williams, F., editors, Turbulent Reacting Flows, pages 63–113. Academic Press London.Google Scholar
- Dopazo, C. (1994). Recent developments in pdf methods. In Libby, P. and Williams, F., editors, Turbulent Reacting Flows, pages 375–474. Academic Press London.Google Scholar
- Friedrich, R. (1995). Dns and les of incompressible turbulent flow. In 4eme Ecole de Printemps de mécanique des fluides numérique, Carcan-Maubuisson, France. COST-MFN, GDR MFN, CNRS.Google Scholar
- Ghosal, S. and Rogers, M. (1994). Large-eddy simulation of a plane wake. Center for Turbulence Research, Annual Research Briefs, Stanford, pages 127–141.Google Scholar
- Meneveau, C., Lund, T. S., and Cabot, W. (1994). A lagrangian dynamic subgrid-scale model of turbulence. Center for Turbulence Research, Proceeding of the 1994 Summer Program, pages 271–299.Google Scholar
- Poinsot, T., Candel, S., and Trouvé, A. (1995). Direct numerical simulation of premixed turbulent combustion. Prog. Energy Combust. Sci. submitted.Google Scholar
- Réveillon, J. and Vervisch, L. (1996a). Dynamics of isoconcentration surfaces in weak chock, turbulent mixing interaction. In AIAA-960517, 34th Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, NV.Google Scholar
- Réveillon, J. and Vervisch, L. (1996b). Response of the dynamic les model to heat release induced effects. Phys. Fluids (in print).Google Scholar