Les Prediction of Gas Diffusion Near Building Using Dynamic Mixed SGS Model Based on a Composite Grid System
- 321 Downloads
The turbulent diffusion of gaseous contaminant near a building model is predicted by Large Eddy Simulations (LES) using a Dynamic Mixed SGS model (DM model ) with the aid of the composite grid technique. The results using a composite grid show better agreement with the experiment than does the case using a single grid. Some discrepancies from the experimental results are observed in the results of the standard Smagorinsky model (S model) with a composite grid. These discrepancies are reduced remarkably by using the DM model.
KeywordsLarge Eddy Simulation Smagorinsky Model Single Grid Switching Parameter Dynamic Smagorinsky Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bardina, J., J. H. Ferziger and W. C. Reynolds, Improved Subgrid-scale Models for Large-Eddy Simulation, AIAA paper-80, 1357 (1981)Google Scholar
- Delsem, W.R.V. and J.L. Steger, The fortified Navier-Stokes approach, Workshop on Computational Fluid Dynamics, University of California, Davis, June 17–18 (1986)Google Scholar
- Lilly, D.K., A proposed modification of the Germano subgrid-scale closure method, Phys. Fluids A4, pp.633–635 (1992)Google Scholar
- Mochida, A., S. Murakami and Y. Ishida, Numerical Study on Flowfield around Structures with Oblique Wind Angle based on Composite Grid System, The 7th U.S. National Conference on Wind Engineering (1993)Google Scholar
- Murakami, S., A. Mochida, Y. Hayashi and S. Sakamoto, J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 41-44, pp.2841–2852 (199Google Scholar
- Murakami, S., A. Mochida, Y. Tominaga, Numerical simulation of turbulent diffusion in cities, Wind Climate in Cities, Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp.681–701 (1995)Google Scholar
- Murakami, S., A. Mochida, Y. Tominaga, S. Iizuka, Large Eddy Simulation of Turbulent Flow past 2D Square Cylinder using Dynamic SGS Models, Proceeding of the Second ERCOFTAC Workshop on Direct and Large-Eddy Simulation (1996)Google Scholar
- Tominaga, Y., S. Murakami, A. Mochida, A. Shibuya and Y. Noguchi, Wind tunnel test on turbulent diffusion and concentration fluctuation of buoyant gas near building, 12th Japan National Symp. on Wind Eng., pp.119–124 (in Japanese) (1992)Google Scholar
- Werner, H and H. Wengle, Large-eddy simulation of turbulent flow over and around a cube in a plate channel, 8th Symp. on Turbulent Shear Flows, 19–4 (1991)Google Scholar