Parameter Identification — A New Way of Assessing Errors in Stellar Atmosphere Analysis
For the consistent and objective determination of stellar parameters and corresponding errors a constrained minimization approach is described which allows to take additional non-spectroscopic information into account and assures that the atmospheric structure equations are always fulfilled.
KeywordsJacobi Matrice Stellar Atmosphere Carbon Star Constrain Minimization Problem Stellar Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bock, H.-G. 1985, PhD. thesis, Bonn UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Karush, W. 1939, Master’s Thesis, Department of Mathematics, University of ChicagoGoogle Scholar
- Kuhn, H. W., Tucker, A. W. 1951, in: Proc. of the Second Berkeley Symposion on Math-ematical Statistics and Probability, J. Neyman (ed.), University of California PressGoogle Scholar
- Press, W.H., et al. 1992, Numerical Recipes, Cambridge Univ. PressGoogle Scholar
- Wehrse, R. (ed.) 1990, Accuracy of Element Abundances from Stellar Atmospheres, Lecture Notes in Physics 359 Springer VerlagGoogle Scholar