Part of the Fundamental Theories of Physics book series (FTPH, volume 98)
Symmetry-Group Justification of Maximum Entropy Method and Generalized Maximum Entropy Methods in Image Processing
Maximum entropy method and its generalizations are very useful in image processing. In this paper, we show that these methods naturally follow from reasonable symmetry requirements.
Key wordsimage processing maximum entropy symmetry groups
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P.C. Fishburn, Utility Theory for Decision Making, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, 1969.Google Scholar
- 4.O.M. Kosheleva and V. Kreinovich, Utility functions that describe invariant preferences, Technical Report, Center for New Information Technology “Informatika”, Leningrad, 1989 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.R.B. Myerson, Game theory. Analysis of conflict, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Skilling, These Proceedings.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Suppes, D.M. Krantz, R.D. Luce, and A. Tversky, Foundations of measurement. Vol. II. Geometrical, threshold, and probabilistic representations, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1989.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 1998