AGB Stars in the Galactic Bulge Observed by DENIS
We present first results of DENIS photometry for semiregular variables (SRVs) and Miras in field #3 of the Palomar-Groningen survey (PG3, 1 = 00, b = -100). The PG3 Miras and SRVs are located in the colour-colour diagram (CCD) in both colours at the reddest end. PG3 variables show a large scatter in (I — J)0 while in a K 0 s /(J — KS)0 diagram they are situated at the top of the red giant branch. In contrast to the LMC we do not find any carbon star sequence which is due to the different age and metallicity of the Bulge. PG3 variables follow a PC relation as well as a period-luminosity relation.
KeywordsStellar Population Carbon Star Interstellar Extinction Source Extraction Crowded Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blommaert, J.A.D.L (1992), phD thesis, Leiden University, the NetherlandsGoogle Scholar
- Ng, Y.K. (1997), A&A, in pressGoogle Scholar
- Plaut, L., A&AS 4, 75Google Scholar
- Ruphy, S. (1996), phD. thesis, University Paris 6Google Scholar
- Wesselink, Th. J. H (1987), Ph. D. thesis, Catholic University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Willems, F.J, (1987), Ph. D thesis, University of Amsterdam, the NetherlandsGoogle Scholar