Question Answering and Information Extraction from Texts
The research presented in this chapter is part of a project which aims at the development of a novel method for information extraction and knowledge acquisition from texts combined with question answering. The present state of the art in information extraction [1, 2] is based on the template approach. The template approach relies on a predefined user model which guides the extraction of information and the instantiation of a template as the result of the extraction process.
KeywordsNoun Phrase Natural Language Processing Machine Translation Information Extraction Elastic Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .Pazienza, M. T. Information Extraction. LNAI Tutorial. Springer, 1997.Google Scholar
- .Kontos, J. Syntax-Directed Processing of Texts with Action Semantics. Cybernetica, 23, 2 pp. 157–175, 1980.Google Scholar
- .Kontos, J. Syntax-Directed Fact Retrieval from Texts with a Micro-Computer. Proc. MELECON ′83, Athens, 1983.Google Scholar
- .Kontos, J. Natural Language Processing of Scientific/Technical Data, Knowledge and Text Bases. Proceedings of ARTINT Workshop. Luxembourg, 1985.Google Scholar
- .Kontos, J. Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing (In Greek) E. Benou, Athens, Greece, 1996.Google Scholar
- .Malagardi, I. Comparative Analysis of “na” and “ya na” sentences of the Greek language with the equivalent structures of German language and related problems in their machine translation. Unpublished Dissertation. University of Athens, 1995a.Google Scholar
- .Malagardi, I. The resolution of the subject ambiguity in sentences with “ya na” using domain knowledge, and related problems in machine translation. Proceedings of 2nd. International Congress on Greek Linguistics. Salzburg, 1995b.Google Scholar
- .Malagardi, I. Computer Determination of Relations between the Elements in Noun Phrases of Sublanguages. 17th annual meeting of the Department of Linguistics. Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki, 1996.Google Scholar
- .Guyton, A. C. Textbook of Medical Physiology. Eighth Edition, An HBJ International Edition. W.B. Saunders, 1991.Google Scholar
- .Willets, R. F. The Law Code of Gortyn. Kadmos: Supplement I. Berlin, 1967.Google Scholar