Part of the World Forests book series (WFSE, volume 1)
Forests, Societies and Environments in North America and Europe
In this article Europe includes the Baltic republics but excludes the rest of the former Soviet Union countries. North America consists of Canada and the United States of America.
KeywordsEuropean Union North America Forest Management Conflict Management Common Currency
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barret, J.W. 1995. Regional Silviculture of the United States. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.Google Scholar
- Cordell, H.K., Bergstrom, J.C., Hartmann, L.A. and English, D.B.K. 1990. An Analysis of the Outdoor Recreation and Wilderness Situation in the United States: 1989-2040. U.S. Forest Service, General Technical Report RM-189.Google Scholar
- Diesen, M. 1998. Economics of the Pulp and Paper Industry. Papermaking Science and Technology, Book 1. Finnish Paper Engineers’ Association and TAPPI. Fapet Oy, Helsinki.Google Scholar
- EEA1995. Europe’s Environment. The Dobrís Assessment. European Environment Agency. Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, Luxembourg.Google Scholar
- EPA 1996. Water Indicators Project. United States Environmental Protection Agency. http://www.epa.gov/epahome/Programs.html (August 1996).
- Eurostat 1998. Forestry Statistics 1992-1996. Statistical Office of the European Communities, Luxembourg.Google Scholar
- FAO 1995. Forest Resources Assessment 1990: Global Synthesis. FAO Forestry Paper 124. FAO, Rome.Google Scholar
- FAO 1997a. State of the World’s Forests 1997. FAO, Rome.Google Scholar
- FAO 1997b. FAO Provisional Outlook for Global Forest Products Consumption, Production and Trade to 2010. FAO, Rome.Google Scholar
- FAO 1998. Yearbook of Forest Products 1995. FAO Forestry Series 30. FAO, Rome.Google Scholar
- Gaviria, C. 1998. U.S.-Andean Trade and Investment Relations: The Policy Issues and Choices. Address by the Organization of American States (OAS) Secretary General César Gaviria before the 5th Annual Hemispheric Policy Forum for Business Leaders, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- Paperinfo Oy 1998. Forest Industry Company Database. Helsinki.Google Scholar
- Spiecker, H., Mielikäinen, K., Köhl, M. and Skovsgaard, J. (eds.) 1996. Growth Trends in European Forests — Studies from 12 Countries. EFI Research Report 5. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany.Google Scholar
- UNEP 1998. Global Environmental Outlook-1. United Nations Environment Programme. http://www.grida.no/prog/global/geol (August 1998).
- United Nations 1997. Demographic indicators 1950-2050. United Nations Population Division. DOS data floppy disks 1-6.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 1999