Variability of Daily and Annual Cycles of Mean Erythemal Solar Irradiance Related to Total Ozone Variability
The 10 min sums of erythemal solar irradiances measured simultaneously during ten months at two locations in the Czech Republic were analysed. The altitude effect is about 4 to 8% per 1000 m, the radiation amplification factor is about 1.1 and both numbers vary only slightly with solar zenith angle. The statistical model relating erythema) solar irradiance with total column ozone and solar zenith angle was developed. This model and the annual cycles of the mean and variability of total column ozone are used to estimate variability of annual and daily cycles of mean erythemal solar irradiance.
KeywordsTotal Ozone Solar Zenith Angle Total Column Ozone Altitude Effect Total Ozone Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ambach, W., Blumthaler, M., Pichler, T., and Staehelin, J. (1997) Solar UVB irradiance in Innsbruck - January to May 1993–96, Meteorol. Z, N.F. 6, 184–188.Google Scholar
- 2.Blumthaler, M., Ambach, W., and Huber, M. (1993) Altitude effect of solar UV radiation dependent on albedo, turbidity, and solar elevation, Meteorol. Z, N.F. 2, 116–120.Google Scholar
- 6.Dubrovskÿ, M., and Kalvová, J. (1998)The daily total ozone: the mean annual cycle and correlation with meteorological conditions. in Atmospheric Ozone (Proc. XVIII Quadrennial Ozone Symposium, L’Aquila, Italy, 12–21 Sept. 1996), p.33–36.Google Scholar
- 7.Dubrovskÿ, M. (in press) Analysis of UV-B irradiances measured simultaneously at two stations in the Czech Republic.J.Geophys.Res Google Scholar
- 8.Kalvová, J., and Dubrovskÿ, M. (1995) Assessment of the limits between which daily average values of total ozone can normally vary. Meteorol Bulletin 48, 9–17.Google Scholar
- 12.McKinlay, A. F., and Diffey, B. L. (1987) A reference action spectrum for ultraviolet induced erythema ill human skin, in W. F. Passchier and B. F. M. Bosnajakovic (eds.) Human Exposure to Ultraviolet Radiation: Risks and Regulations, Elsevier, New York, pp. 83–87.Google Scholar
- 17.VaníLček, K. (1991) The recalculated total ozone data, Hradec Králové, 1962–1990, Publications of the C_ech Hydrometeorological Institute, Praha. 34pp.Google Scholar
- 18.Vaniéek, K. (1992) Difference between recalculated and original Dobson total ozone data from Hradec Králové, Czechoslovakia, 1962–1990. In: Proc. Quadrennial Ozone Symposium, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA, 229–231.Google Scholar
- 19.Vaníéek, K. (1996) Operational nowcasting of ultraviolet solar radiation levels in CHMI [in Czech], Meteorological Bulletin 49, 47–52.Google Scholar