A PC Simulation Program for Comparing Performances of Robot Control Algorithms
- 117 Downloads
In order to compare the performances of robot control algorithms, a benchmark test, based on the Puma 560 tracing straight line trajectories, is proposed. For simulating that test with a personal computer, subroutines of a program written in Pascal are described and their listings are supplied. Tests of some robot control algorithms serve as examples.
KeywordsControl Algorithm Inverse Kinematic Joint Position Joint Velocity Robot Controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anonymous (1986), CATIA User’s Manual — Robotics Module, Dassault Systems, Suresnes France.Google Scholar
- Walker H.W. and Orin D.E. (1982), “Efficient Dynamic Computer Simulation of Robotic Mechanisms”, ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, 205–211.Google Scholar
- Fu K.S., Gonzalez R.C. and Lee C.S.G. (1987), Robotics: Control, Sensing, Vision and Intelligence, McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Koivo, A.J. (1989), Fundamentals for Control of Robotic Manipulators, Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- Paul R.P. (1981), Robot Manipulator: Mathematics, Programming, and Control, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass.Google Scholar
- Tarn T.J., Bejczy A.K., Han S. and Yum X. (1985), “Inertia Parameters of Puma 560 Robot Arm”, Robotics Laboratory Report SSM-RL-85-02, Saint-Louis.Google Scholar
- O’Shea J. and Turgeon, A.B. (1988), “Benefits of Positive Current-Feedback Inner Loop for Robot Servos”, IFAC Proceedings on “Theory of Robots”, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 185–191.Google Scholar
- O’Shea J., Benali R. and Turgeon A.B. (1990), “An Improved Robot Controller Based on Positive Current Feedback Plus PID”, IMACS Proceedings of MIM-S2’ 90, Brussels.Google Scholar
- Chaudet R. and O’Shea J. (1983), “Validation of an Adaptive Robot Control Structure by Means of Simulation”, IMACS Proceedings on “Simulation in Engineering Sciences”, Elsevier Pub., 411–416.Google Scholar
- Gorez R. and O’Shea J. (1989), “Robot Positionning Control: Survey and Comparative Analysis”, Proceedings Incarf 89: 4th Int. Conf. on CAD, CAM, Robotics and Factories of the Future, vol. 1, New-Delhi, 639–648.Google Scholar