Quantum Tunnelling for Bloch Electrons in Small Electric Fields
- 150 Downloads
We consider the quantum Hamiltonian describing a one dimensional particle in a periodic potential plus constant electric field and show that it exhibits an infinite ladder of resonances in the semi-classical regime. The lifetime of these resonances is related to tunnelling phenomena. This provides in this particular case a positive answer to the question of the existence of Stark Ladders.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ag]Agmon S. Lectures on exponential decay of second order elliptic Equation. Princeton Math. Notes. 29 (1982)Google Scholar
- [B]Bentosela F.: This volume.Google Scholar
- [BCD1]Briet Ph., Combes J.M., Duclos P.: On the location of resonances for Schrödinger Operators.Google Scholar
- III.Shape resonances. To appearGoogle Scholar
- [BD]Buslaev V.S.: Dimitrieva L.A. This volumeGoogle Scholar
- [CH]Combes J.M., Hislop P. Stark ladder resonances for small electric fields. Preprint, Univ. Kentucky (1989)Google Scholar
- [HS1]Hellfer B. Sjostrand J.: Resonances en limite semi-clanique. Supplem Bulletin SMF 114 (1986)Google Scholar
- [HiSi]Hislop P., Sigal I.M.: Semi-classical theory of shape resonances in quantum mechanics, Memoirs. Am. Math. Soc. 399 (1989)Google Scholar
- [N]Nenciu G. This volumeGoogle Scholar