An On-Line Quality Inspection System for Composite Material Manufacturing
A machine-vision quality inspection system for composite materials has been developed on a parallel multitransputer processing system.
The objective of this work is an automatic quality assurance system, capable to visually inspect composites on-line and to automatically validate their quality level based on logical deduction rules.
KeywordsIndustrial Vision Systems Transputers Quality Inspection Texture recognition Parallel Systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A.Rosenfeld, A. Kak “Digital picture processing”, Academic Press, 1982.Google Scholar
- Inmos, The Transputer Databook“, second edition, 1989.Google Scholar
- Inmos, “Transputer development system”, Prentice Hall, 1988.Google Scholar
- S. Karkanis, C. Metaxaki-Kossionides, and B.Dimitriadis, “A machine-vision based inspection system for textile industries supported by parallel multitransputer architecture”, in Proc of Euromicro Conf., 4–9 Sept.1989, Cologne, Germany.Google Scholar
- D. Ballard, C.Crown, “Computer Vision”, Prentice-Hall Inc., 1982.Google Scholar
- T.Piironen, O. Silver, T. Laitinen, E. Strommer, and M. Pietikainen, An automated visual inspection system for rolled metal surfaces“, Proc. Vision’89 Conference, Rosemont, Illinois.Google Scholar