An Iterative Learning Control for Noisy Systems by Using Linear Neural Networks
By applying a linear neural network, an iterative learning control is described for noisy CARMA (Controlled Autoregressive Moving Average) systems. The developed controller has a form of direct controller in a stochastic environment, while the usual iterative controller has a form of discrete observer in a determine-istic environment. Thus, the present iterative controller can treat with the case of noisy measurements. First, we describe the system considered here and state some assumptions to solve the problem. Next, the model of inverse dynamics is derived and the off-line iterative learning rule is explained by using the delta rule. Then, we show a neural controller, under the situation where the measurement noise is assumed to be known. Furthermore, we describe the method to estimate the noise process on-line by using the associated regular dynamics. Finally, we show some simulation examples to illustrate the features of the present controller. In particular, we shall discuss the results from the view points of the initial connec-tions weights and the generalizability of linear neural networks to some different or untrained reference signals.
KeywordsInverse Dynamic Iterative Learning Iterative Learning Control Neural Network Controller Model Reference Adaptive Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Antsaklis, P.J., Neural Networks in Control Systems IEEE Control Systems Magazine, April, pp.3–5, 1990Google Scholar
- Lan, M.S. Adaptive Control of Unknown Dynamical Systems via Neural Network ApproachProc. of the 1989 ACCVol.1, pp.910–915, 1989Google Scholar
- Li, W. and Slotine, J.E., Neural Network Control of Unknown Nonlinear SystemsProc of the 1989 ACCVol.2, pp.1136–1141, 1989Google Scholar
- Psaltis, D., Sideris, A. and Yamamura, A., A Multilayered Neural Network ControllerIEEE Control SystemsMagazine, April, pp.17–21, 1988Google Scholar
- Sugie T. and Ono, T., On a Learning Control LawSystems and ControlVol.31, No.2, pp.129–135, 1987 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- Tokita, M., Mitsuoka, T., Fukuda, T., and Kurihara, T., Force Control of Robotic Manipulator by Neural Network (Experimental Results and their Evaluation of One Degree-of-Freedom Manipulator)J. of the Robotics Society of JapanVol.8, No.3, pp.52–59, 1990 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- Watanabe, K., Fukuda, T. and Tzafestas, S.G., An Adaptive Control for CARMA Systems using Linear Neural NetworksProc. of 13th IMACS World Congress on Computation and Applied MathematicsJuly 22–26, Dublin, Ireland, 1991Google Scholar
- Widrow, B. and Hoff, M.E., Adaptive switching circuitsInstitute of Radio Engineers Western Electronic Show and Convention Convention Record Part 4pp.96–104, 1960Google Scholar