Random Sequences and Hypotheses Tests
Part of the Synthese Library book series (SYLI, volume 234)
This presents a characterization of random sequences, in the sense of Kolmogorov, Chaitin and Martin-Löf, using the notion of hypotheses tests developed in (Chuaqui 1991).
KeywordsHypothesis Test Random Sequence Infinite Sequence Finite Sequence Input Tape
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chuaqui, R.: 1991, Truth, Possibility, and Probability: New Logical Foundations of Probability and Statistical Inference, North-Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Dies, J.-H.: 1976, Information et complexité, Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré B, 12, 365–390.Google Scholar
- Hacking, I.: 1965, The Logic of Statistical Inference, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- van Lambalgen, M.: 1987, Random Sequences, Ph.D. thesis, University of Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Chuaqui, Rolando: 1991, Truth, Possibility and Probability. Amsterdam: North-Holland/Elsevier.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 1994