Some Unresolved Problems in the Corpuscular Cosmic Radiation
- 77 Downloads
In planning this talk, I have selected a few topics in cosmic ray research which have not yet found the attention which they deserve. Satellites and space stations have provided opportunities to make measurements which were too difficult in the past. Lunar exploration may increase these opportunities further during the coming decades. The technological developments are giving added importance to the corpuscular radiation as a channel of communication through which we may explore the close and the distant surroundings of the earth.
KeywordsSolar System Cosmic Radiation Iron Meteorite Spallation Reaction Lunar Exploration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Meteorites and History of Cosmic Radiation
- Anders, F.: 1963, ‘Meteorites and the Early History of the Solar System’, Origin of the Solar System, Academic Press, pp. 95–142.Google Scholar
Composition of Cosmic Radiation
- Ginzburg, V. L. and Syrovatskii, S. I.: 1964, The Origin of Cosmic Rays, Pergamon Press.Google Scholar
- Ginzburg, V. L. and Syrovatskii, S. I.: 1963, Proc. Jaipur Conf on Cosmic Rays 3.Google Scholar
- Ginzburg, V. L. and Syrovatskii, S. I.: 1965, Proc. London Conf. on Cosmic Rays.Google Scholar
Solar Neutrons in Cosmic Radiation
- Simpson, J. A.: 1963, in: ‘Semaine d’étude sur les problèmes du rayonnement cosmique dans l’espace interplanétaire’, Pontificia Academia Scientarum Scripta Varia 25, 323.Google Scholar