Pitch Angles and Spectra of Particles in the Outer Zone Near Noon
Precipitation patterns of electrons on the dayside have been studied for many years using ground based evidence and satellite experiments. This article will summarize some of the more recent work, and attempt to extend and refine our understanding of these regions.
KeywordsPitch Angle Spectral Ratio Electron Flux Outer Zone Spin Axis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chappell, C. R.: 1972, this volume, p. 280.Google Scholar
- Frank, L. A. and Gurnett, D. A.: 1971, February, Univ. of Iowa Report 71:5.Google Scholar
- Hoffman, R. A.: 1971, J. Geophys. Res., to be published.Google Scholar
- Riedler, W.: 1972, this volume, p. 133.Google Scholar
- Russell, C. T. and Holzer, R. E.: 1970, in B. M. McCormac (ed.), Particles and Fields in the Magnetosphere, D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht, Holland, p. 196.Google Scholar
- Sharp, R. D. and Johnson, R. G.: 1968, in B. M. McCormac (ed.), Earth’s Particles and Fields, Reinhold Publishing Corporation, New York, p. 113.Google Scholar
- Söraas, F.: 1972, this volume, p. 120.Google Scholar
- Winningham, J. D.: 1972, this volume, p. 68.Google Scholar