Computing Minimal Generators of Ideals of Elliptic Curves
In this paper results about the Hubert function and about the number of minimal generators stated in (Orecchia) for disjoint unions of rational smooth curves are generalized to disjoint unions of distinct smooth non special curves. Hence, the maximal rank and the minimal generation of such curves are studied. In particular, we consider elliptic curves and we describe a method to compute their Hilbert functions in any dimension and for every choice of the degrees. Applications to the study of elliptic curves on threefolds are shown.
Key wordsElliptic curves Hilbert function
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)14H52 14Q05
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cohen. H. (1995) A Course in Computational Algebraic Number Theory, GTM 138, Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- Cremona. J. (1992) Algorithms for Modular Elliptics Curves, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Damion, H. (1999) A Proof of the Full Shimura-Taniyama-Weil Conjecture is Announced, Research News in Notices of AMS 46, n. 11, 1397–1401.Google Scholar
- Green, M. (1996) Generic Initial Ideals, in Six Lectures on Commutative Algebra, Progress in Mathematics 166, Birkhäuser Verlag.Google Scholar
- Madonna, C. (2000) Rank 2 vector bundles on general quartic hypersurfaces in P4, preprint.Google Scholar
- Migliore, J. (1998) Introduction to Liaison Theory and Deficiency Modules, Progress in Mathematics 165, Birkhäuser.Google Scholar
- Mumford, D. (1966) Lectures on curves on an algebraic surface, Ann. of Math. Studies 59.Google Scholar
- Shoup, V. (1999) NTL: a Library for doing Number Theory, ver. 3.9b, at http://www.shoup.net/ntl/ntl.
- Silverman, J. (1986) The Arithmetic of Elliptic Curves, GTM 106, Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- Silverman, J., and Tate, J. (1992) Rational Points on Elliptic Curves, UTM 56, Springer Verlag.Google Scholar