Limitations and Perspectives of Radioecological Assessment for Soil—Plant Systems in Greece
Approaches to radiological risk assessment in Greece are insufficient. There is a need to point out some regional differences between Mediterranean region and the Northern European countries.
KeywordsTransfer Factor Olive Tree Soil Ecosystem Citrus Tree Northern Country
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DAFNE II (DAta Food NEtworking)/AGRICULTURE AND AGRO-INDUSTRY, Including Fisheries, Programme (FAIR) (1993) Network for the Pan-European Food Data Bank based on Household Budget Surveys. EUROPEAN COMMISSION/AGRO-INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH, 1–31.Google Scholar
- 2.Papanicolaou, E.P., Apostolakis, C.G., Skarlou, V., Nobeli, C. & Kritidis, P. (1991) Ratio of plant to soil concentrations of strontium-85 and its relation to properties of Greek soils. Journal of Agricultural Science, Cambridge, 116, 275–279.Google Scholar
- 3.Papanicolaou, E.P., Apostolakis, C.G., Skarlou, V., Nobeli, C. & Kritidis, P. (1992) Ratios of plant to soil concentrations of strontium-85 and their relation to exchangeable bases for soils and crops of Greece. Journal of Agricultural Science, Cambridge, 119, 79–82.Google Scholar
- 4.Papanicolaou, E.P., Apostolakis, C.G., Skarlou, V., Nobeli, C. & Kritidis, P. (1992) Ratios of strontium-85 to cations for crops and soils of Greece. Journal of Agricultural Science, Cambridge, 119, 83–87.Google Scholar
- 7.N.C.S.R. “Demokritos”, Institute of Nuclear Technology and Radioprotection, Environmental Radioactivity Laboratory Database.Google Scholar
- 8.Massas, I., Skarlou, V., Haidouti, C., Anoussis, J. & Arapis, G. (1999) The effect of soil pH on 134Cs transfer factors for soybean and sunflower plants; 134Cs fate in the extracted seed-oil. Proceedings of XXIX ESNA/IUR Annual Meeting, 227–230.Google Scholar