After the liberation papers appeared in some medical journals on other ways of treating renal patients. Kolff did not ignore them, but he applied these methods too, and compared the results with those of dialysis with the artificial kidney. He was interested primarily in the best way to treat patients with renal disease, not necessarily with a method he had developed himself.
KeywordsPeritoneal Dialysis Hepat Orenal Syndrome Malignant Hypert Ension Renal Patient Artificial Kidney
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kolff WJ, with the cooperation of J. van Noordwijk, P. S. M. Kop, N. K. M. de Leeuw and A. M. Joekes. New Ways of Treating Uraemia. Londen: J & A Churchill, 1947.Google Scholar
- 2.Kop PSM. Peritoneaal dialyse (Peritoneal dialysis). Thesis for obtaining the doctorate in medicine at the University of Groningen on 7 July 1948. The promoter was Professor R. Brinkman. Kampen: J. H. Kok NV.Google Scholar
- 4.See P. S. M. Kop, N. K. M. de Leeuw and A. M. Joekes. New Ways of Treating Uraemia. Londen: J & A Churchill, 1947 note 1 above, page 101.Google Scholar
- 5.See P. S. M. Kop, N. K. M. de Leeuw and A. M. Joekes. New Ways of Treating Uraemia. Londen: J & A Churchill, 1947 note 1 above, page 102.Google Scholar
- 6.Twiss EE. Treatment of uremia by dialysis and other methods with special regard to the principles and scope of intestinal dialysis. Thesis for the doctorate of medicine at the University of Groningen on 29 November 1950. The promoter was Professor R. Brinkman. Rotterdam: M. Wyt en Zonen. See also: Twiss EE, Kolf WJ. Treatment of uraemia by perfusion of isolated intestinal loop. Journal of the American Medical Association 1951; 146: 1019.Google Scholar
- 8.Skeggs LT Jr, Leonards JR. Studies on an artificial kidney. I. Preliminary results with a new type of continuous dialyser. Science 1948; 108: 212. See also: Skeggs LT Jr, Leonards JR, Heisler CR. Artificial kidney. II. Construction and operation of an improved continuous dialyser. Proceedings, Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine 1949; 72: 539.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar