Prerational Intelligence: Adaptive Behavior and Intelligent Systems Without Symbols and Logic, Volume 1, Volume 2 Prerational Intelligence: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on the Behavior of Natural and Artificial Systems, Volume 3 pp 1024-1034 | Cite as
Cellular Robotic System — Modularity and Self-Organization of the Intelligent Robotic System
Recently much interest is directed to studying the system architecture of the coordination and cooperation of multiple robotic systems or multiple agent systems, which consist of many units of robots (Fukuda & Nakagawa 1987; Fukuda et al. 1988). Some examples can be seen in many realistic environments. For examples, multiple manipulators or multiple fingers work together for handling some objects under a given task or many multiple mobile robots work to carry some objects without collisions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beni, G., & J. Wang (1993). Swarm intelligence in cellular robotic systems, robots and biological systems: Towads a new nionics? In P. Dario, G. Sansini, & P. Aebischer (eds.), Computer and systems sciences, Vol.102 (pp. 703–712). Berlin/Heidelberg: Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- Brooks, R.A., & A.M. Flynn (1993). A Robot Being, robots and biological systems: Towads a new bionics? In P. Dario, G. Sansini, & P. Aebischer (eds.), Computer and systems sciences, Vol.102 (pp. 679–702). Berlin/Heidelberg: Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- Fukuda, T., & S. Nakagawa (1987). A dynamically reconfigurable robotic system (Concept of a system and optimal configurations). Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Industrial Electronics Society (IECON′87), (pp. 588–595).Google Scholar
- Langton, C.G. (ed.), (1988). Artificial life. Redwood City, CA: Addison Wesley.Google Scholar
- Minsky, M. (1986). The society of mind. New York: Simon & Schuster.Google Scholar
- Minsky, M. (1991). Private report.Google Scholar
- Wilson, E.O. (1975). Sociobiology: The new synthesis. The President and Fellows of Harvard College.Google Scholar
- Ueyama, T., T. Fukuda, & F. Arai (1992). Structure configuration using cenetic algorithm for cellular robotic system. Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS′92) (pp. 1542–1549). Raleigh NC.Google Scholar