Theory of Valence Transitions in Ytterbium-Based Compounds
The anomalous behavior of YbInCu4 and similar compounds is modeled by the exact solution of the spin one-half Falicov-Kimball model in infinite dimensions. The valence-fluctuating transition is related to a metal-insulator transition caused by the Falicov-Kimball interaction, and triggered by the change in the f-occupancy.
KeywordsOptical Conductivity Local Moment Metamagnetic Transition Valence Transition Hall Constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.L. Sarrao, Physica B, 259&261, 129 (1999)Google Scholar
- M. Ocko, J. Sarrao, Z. Fisk, unpublished.Google Scholar
- S. R. Garner et al., preprint (2000).Google Scholar
- C. Rettori et al., Phys. Rev. B, 55, 1016 (1997).Google Scholar
- L.P. Kadanoff and G. Baym, Quantum Statistical Physics (W. A. Benjamin, Menlo Park, CA), 1962Google Scholar