Earlier studies have found that in oxygen-containing A1N materials, which were obtained under the conditions of polytype formation, two kinds of microstructures typical for self-strengthened ceramics can form [1-4]. The first form is due to separation of individual plate-like layers in grains, the second form is the result of growth of platelike grains. In this case, both intragranular layers and grains of the similar morphology contain multilayer polytypes (MP) of A1N combined with a 2H AIN-based solid solution.
KeywordsAluminum Nitride Functional Gradient Material Collective Recrystallization Isomorphous Heterovalence Additional Driving Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kisly, P.S., Kuzenkova, M.A., Oleynik, G.S., and Pilyankievich, A.N. (1985) Recrystallization sintering of ultrafine aluminum nitride, Proceedings of the III-rd International Conference on Powder Metallurgy (Dresden, GDR,) pp. 51–57.Google Scholar
- 2.Gunchenko, V.A., Shevchenko, O.A.,. Oleynik G.S., and B.M. Vereshchak (1991) Peculiarities of micro-structure of material on the base of aluminum nitride with silicon dioxide addition, in Urgent Problems of Materials Science (Institute of Problems in Materials Science of the Ukr. Nat. Ac. Sei., Kyiv, Ukraine), pp. 106–115 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.Tkachenko, Yu.G., Yurchenko, D.Z., Oleynik, G.S., et al (1992) Self-Reinforced Materials on the Base of Aluminum Nitride, Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya No.9, 69–73.Google Scholar
- 4.Oleynik, G.S. (1993) “Selfstrengthened Ceramic Materials” (Proceedings of the Institute of Problems in Materials Science of the Ukr. Nat. Ac. Sei., Kyiv, Ukraine, No. 9) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.Oleynik, G.S., and Danilenko, N.V. (1997) Polytype formation in nonmetal substances, Uspechy chimi 6, No. 7, 615–640 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.Oleynik, G.S., and Shevchenko, O.A. (1992) Mechanism of anomalous grain growth in polycrystalline A1N, in Modern Achievements in the Field of Physical Material Science (Proceedings of the Institute of Problems in Materials Science of the Ukr. Nat. Ac. Sei., Kyiv, Ukraine), pp. 148–161 (in Russian).Google Scholar