Genetic Algorithm for Optimizing the Gust Loads for Predicting Aircraft Loads and Dynamic Response
A genetic algorithm (GA) is shown to be a feasible approach to determining worst-case gust loads in aircraft structures. The mathematical modeling of extreme turbulence is discussed, as well as methods of analysis and prediction of aircraft response to atmospheric turbulence in the context of aircraft design. A representation of this problem for a GA approach is proposed and results of the technique are presented.
KeywordsTorque Radar Lime
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Goldberg, D.E. (1989) Genetic Algorithms in Search Optimization and Machine Learning Reading, MA: Addison Wesley.Google Scholar
- 3.Jones, J.G. (1973), “Statistical Discrete Gust Theory for Aircraft Loads,” Royal Aircraft Establishment, Farnborough, England, U.K., RAE TR-73167.Google Scholar
- 4.Jones, J.G. (1984), “A Relationship between the Power-SpectralDensity and Statistical-Discrete-Gust Methods of Aircraft Response Analysis,” Royal Aircraft Establishment, Farnborough, England, U.K., RAE TM Space 347.Google Scholar
- 6.Jones, J.G. (1992), “Aircraft response to turbulence: recent research using a wavelet model,” presented atGust Specialists MeetingDallas, Texas, April 15.Google Scholar
- 8.Jones, J.G. (1994), “The case for a future airworthiness requirement for aircraft limit loads based on the statistical discrete gust (sdg) method,” presented atSpecial Gust Specialists MeetingHampton, Virginia, September.Google Scholar
- 9.Michalewicz, Z. (1994)Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution ProgramsAI Series, Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- 10.Northy, D.O. (1943), “Analysis of the Factors which Determine Signal/Noise Discrimination in Radar,” RCA Lab., Princeton, NJ, Rept. PTR-6C, June.Google Scholar
- 12.Pfeil, A.L. (1996), “An Investigation of a Proposed Airworthiness Requirement Based on the SDG Method: Aircraft Mathematical Model,” Stirling Dynamics Ltd. Report No. SDL-231-TR-1, Issue 1, June.Google Scholar
- 13.Rosenberg, G., Cowling, D.A., and Hockenhull, M. (1993), “The deterministic spectral procedure for gust response analysis of nonlinear aircraft modes,” (Stirling Dynamics Ltd. Report No. 233)International Forum on Aeroelasticity and DynamicsStrasbourg, France, May.Google Scholar
- 15.Wright, A. (1991), “Genetic algorithms for real parameter optimization,” in Rawlins, G.J.E. (Ed.)op. cit.pp. 205–220.Google Scholar
- 16.Watson, G.H. and Jones, J.G. (1993), “Positive wavelet representation of fractations of fractals and chaos,” in Crilly, A.J. et al. (Eds.), Springer Verlag.Google Scholar