Rapid Catalyst Testing in The Boreskov Institute of Catalysis
The most correct determination of the activity of heterogeneous catalysts is the specific stationary rate of the catalytic reaction at the given temperature, pressure, and composition of the reaction mixture being in contact with the given amount of the catalyst [1,2]. However, this kinetic approach is used very seldom because a number of complicated methodological and technical problems for the correct catalyst testing are still not solved. As a result, the experiments on testing the catalytic activity are generally labor consuming and expensive while the obtained kinetic data are not sufficiently reliable. It is known that the reaction rate depends on many catalyst properties (technique of its preparation, its chemical composition, texture, shape, particle size, etc.) as well as on the process parameters (temperature, pressure, composition of the reaction mixture, heat-and-mass transfer, etc.) .
KeywordsNickel Methane Steam Catalysis Hydrocarbon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ai]1.Boreskov, G.K._(1986) Heterogeneous Catalysis, Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 3.Petrov, L. (2001) Problems and challenges about accelerated testing of the catalytic activity of catalysts. This book.Google Scholar
- 5.Temkin, M.I., Kiperman, S.L., Luk’yanova, L.I. (1950) Flow-recycling method for studies of kinetics of heterogeneous catalytic reactions. Dokl. AN USSR 74, 763–767.Google Scholar
- 6.Berty, J.M. (1986) Laboratory reactors for catalytic investigations. Kataliz v promyshlennosti 1, Mir, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 7.Pat. 2078611 Russia.Google Scholar
- 8.Pat. 20556530, 2037651, 2096659 Russia.Google Scholar
- 9.Pat. 2085938 Russia.Google Scholar
- 10.Pat. 2162366 Russia.Google Scholar
- 11.Bobrov N.N., Bobrova LI., Sobyanin, V.A. (1993) Peculiarities of the Reaction Kinetics of Steam Conversion of Methane on Nickel Catalysts, Kinet. Katal. 34, 613–617.Google Scholar
- 17.Bobrov, N.N. (1989) Experimental methods for catalytic properties investigations., NSU, Novosibirsk.Google Scholar
- 18.Bobrov, N.N., Balzhinimaev, B.S. et al. (1993) Catalyst standardization: the Kinetic Approach, EUROPACAT-1, Book of abstracts 2, p. 988.Google Scholar