Coherent Radio-Wave Transition Radiation (CRTR) of Periodic Bunches
The angular and spectral distributions of the coherent transition radiation in the radio wavelength region (CRTR) when the radiated wavelength is of the order of the distances between the bunches are investigated theoretically. The numerical results obtained for 50 MeV and 30 GeV electron beams from Yerevan Synchrotron injector and SLAC linacs, respectively, allow to discuss possible experiments to make certain conclusions on the influence of the transversal size of the radiator as well as on the radiation intensity suppression in the prewave zone.
KeywordsTransition Radiation Spectral Distribution Transversal Size High Energy Particle High Energy Neutrino
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ter-Mikaelian, M.L (1972) High Energy Electromagnetic Processes in Condensed Media, Wiley Interscience, New York.Google Scholar
- 2.Garibian, G.M. and Yan Shi (1983) X-Ray Transition Radiation, Publ. House of NAS of Armenia, Yerevan.Google Scholar
- 3.Ginzburg, V.L and Tsitovich V.N. (1998) Transition Radiation and Transition Scattering, Adam Hilger, Brighton.Google Scholar
- 9.Gazazian, E.D., Ispirian, K.,A., Ispirian, R.K., and Ivanian, M.I. (1999) Subattosecond time structure measurements using coherent x-ray transition radiation, Pisma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 70, 664–668; (2001) Measurement of very short time ∼ 10-19 — 10-17 s structures with the help of x-ray transition radiation, Nucl Instr. and Meth, B173, 160-169..Google Scholar
- 10.Gorham, P. et al (2000) Radio-frequency measurements of coherent transition and Cherenkov radiation: Implications for high energy neutrino detection, hep-ex/0004007, pp. 1–31.Google Scholar
- 11.Askarian, G.A., (1956) Pulsed coherent generation of millimeter radiowave by nonrelativistic electron bunches, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 30, 584–586.Google Scholar
- 12.Amatuni, A.Ts. (1962) Transition radiation of periodic charged particle bunches, Izv. Akad. Nauk Arm. SSR, Fiz., 15, 109–114.Google Scholar
- 13.Lomize, L.G. (1961) Comparative characteristics of Cherenkov, transition bremsstrahlung radiation in the short radiowave region, Zh. Tekhn. Fiz., 31, 301–310.Google Scholar
- 14.Laziev, E.M.and. Oksuzian, G.G (1983) Radiofrequency radiation of high energy electrons, Proc. of 2th Symposium on Transition Radiation of High Energy Particles, Yerevan, 13-15 September, 1983, 701–717.Google Scholar
- 16.Bolotovskii, B.V. and Serov, A.V. (1997) On the measurement of transition radiation at distances from the interface comparable with the formation length, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 67, 89–93.Google Scholar
- 19.Elbakian, S.S., Gazazian, E.D., Ispirian, K.A., Ispirian, R.K., and Sanosian, Kh.N. (2001) Coherent radio radiation of 15 MeV-30 GeV electron and photon bunches in thin and thick radiators, Proc. First Intern. Workshop on Radio Detection of High energy Particles, Los Angeles, 16-19 Sept., 2001 (To be published).Google Scholar
- 20.Alikhanian, A.I., Ispirian, K.A., and Oganesian, A.G. (1969) Experimental investigation of the transition radiation and its possible use for the determination of the particle energy, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 56, 1796–1802.Google Scholar