Parametric X-Ray Radiation (PXR) Produced in Carbon Single Wall Nanotubes (SWNT) and Fullerites
The angular and spectral distributions as well as the energy dependence of the PXR produced by relativistic particles passing through crystalline ropes of (10,10) SWNT and fullerite single crystals are investigated. Numerical results obtained for electrons with various energies passing through oriented SWNT and fullerite under Bragg angles to superlattice and crystallographic planes, respectively, are given. Possible experiments as well as some application of such PXR beams are discussed.
KeywordsGraphite Hexagonal Fullerene Channeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dresselhaus, M.S., Dresselhaus, G., and Ecklund, P.C. (1996) Science of fullerenes and carbon nanotubes, Academic Press, San Diego.Google Scholar
- 2.Ispirian, K.A. and Ispirian, R.K. (2001) Can carbon nanotubes handle high energy particles?, CERN Courier, 41, N1, 26–27.Google Scholar
- 4.Gevorgian, L.A., Ispirian, K.A. and Ispirian, R.K. (1997) Channeling in single wall nanotubes: possible applications, Pisma Zh. Eksp.Teor. Fiz., 66, 322–325; (1998) High energy particle channeling in nanotubes, Nucl. Instr. and Meth., B145, 155-159.Google Scholar
- 5.Zhevago, N.K.and Glebov, V.I. (1998) Channeling and diffraction in nanotubes, Phys. Lett., A250, 390–393: (2000) Diffraction and channeling in nanotubes, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 118, 579-591; (2001) Theory of propagation of charged particles and soft X-rays in fullerites, Phys. Lett. A282, 97-105.ADSGoogle Scholar
- 6.Avakian, R.O., Gevorgian, L.A., Ispirian, K.A. and Ispirian, R.K. Spontaneous and stimulated radiation of particles in crystalline and nanotube undulators, Nucl. Instr. and Meth., B173, 112–120.Google Scholar
- 7.Ter-Mikaelian, M.L. (1972) High Energy Electromagnetic Processes in Condensed Media, Wiley, New York, 1972.Google Scholar
- 9.Afanasev, A.M. and Aginian M.A. (1978) The radiation of ultrarelativistiv particles pasing through the ideal and mosaic crystals, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 74, 570–579.Google Scholar
- 10.Vardanyan, D.M., Manoukyan, H.M., Petrosyan, H.M. (1985) Theory of X-ray diffraction on the one-dimensional ideal superlattice, Acta Cryst., A41, 212–222.Google Scholar
- 12.Zhevago, N.K. (1983) Soft X-ray transition radiation produced by a charge passing through a multilayer structure with period of the order of the wavelength under certain angle, Proc. of the II Symposium on transition radiation of high energy particles, Yerevan, 1983. p.200–207.Google Scholar
- 17.Su, Z. and Coppens, P. (1997) Acta Cryst., A53, 749–761.Google Scholar