2-Cyanoethylthio-1,3-Dithiole-2-Selone—New Precusors in Tetrathiafulvalene Synthesis. Tetrathiafulvalenes, Incorporating 1,3,4-Oxadiazole and Cyanoethyl Moieties
In recent years the interest of molecular electronics in organic compounds able to produce electroactive organic thin films by Langmuir-Blodgett (LB) technique has considerably increased. Various amphiphilic tetrathiafulvalenes with long alkyl chains are considered to be very promising from this point of view . But recent studies on LB films based on non-amphiphilic TTF derivatives [2, 3, 4] have demonstrated that the attachment of long-chain substituents is not a prerequisite for creating of conducting LB films of TTF-based CT complexes; it is interesting that some of them include thiobenzyl-moieties [e.g., 2]. In 1998 a new asymmetrically substituted TTF derivative, namely dibenzylthiodimethylthioTTF, was reported to form a stable monolayer in a mixture with arachidic acid . For the same purposes we have synthesised a new group of TTFs with benzylthio substituents, fluorinated in various positions of a benzene ring, and investigated their π-donor ability .
KeywordsSelenium MeOH Fullerene Cesium Perchlorate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nakamura T. (1997) in H.L. Nalwa (ed.), Handbook of Organic Conductive Molecules and Polymers. V.1, Charge-Transfer Salts, Fullerenes and Photoconductors, Yohn Wiley&Sons, Canada Ltd, p. 828.Google Scholar
- 3.Goldenberg, L.M., Becker, J.Y., Levi, O.P.-T., Khodorkovsky, V.Yu., Bryce, M.R. and Petty, M.C. (1995) Semiconducting LB-films of non-amphiphilic ethylenedithio-TTF derivatives bearing pyridine and pyridinium substituents, J. Chem. Soc, Chem. Commun., 475.Google Scholar
- 6.Abashev, G.G., Shklyaeva, E.V. and Tenishev A.G. (in press) New fluorine-containing TTFs for LB-films preparation, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 12.Abashev, G.G., Shklyaeva., E.V. and Russkikh, V.S. (1997) Reactions of 3-methyl-2-piperidino-l,3-dithiolium-4-thiolate. New substituted TTFs and salts of TCNQ with long-chain cations for LB-technique, Russ. J. Org. Chem., 33 (11), 1652–1655.Google Scholar
- 15.Abashev, G.G., Shklyaeva, E.V. and Plis, A. (2000), in preparation.Google Scholar