General Description/Approach and Methodology
- 215 Downloads
This chapter describes the approach and methodology developed by the organizers of CETP to organize and run an interdisciplinary program, including participants from industry, academia, and the stakeholder community, to analyze the environmental impacts of the generation of electricity in Shandong Province, China. The objective of the Program was to compare different combinations of technologies and policy to identify scenarios feasible for policy makers in Shandong concerned with mitigating the impacts of power generation on the environment and citizens of the region. Ultimately, the idea is to apply such a methodology to any region on earth.
KeywordsLife Cycle Assessment Shandong Province Electricity Demand Multi Criterion Decision Analysis Paul Scherrer Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ABB Website (2002): www.abb.comGoogle Scholar
- CETP Participants (1998) ABB/AGS CETP ProposalGoogle Scholar
- Electric Power Industry in China (2001)Google Scholar
- Eliasson, B. and Lee, Y. (1999) China Energy Technology Program, IEA Greenhouse Issues, No 45.Google Scholar
- Eliasson, B. and Xue, B. (1997) China Energy and Emissions, ABB Environmental Affairs Brochure, Stockholm, Sweden.Google Scholar
- Xue, B. and Eliasson, B. (1999) Shandong Energy and Emissions, ABB Environmental Affairs Brochure, Stockholm, Sweden.Google Scholar