Ionic Permeabilities of Membranes; NMR Kinetic Studies
Ionic concentration gradients across membranes serve a variety of functions in cellular activity such as maintainance of resting potential, transmission of nerve impulse, driving cotransport, and secretion or activation of enzymes, hormones and other substances. Thus, studies of the kinetics and mechanism of ion transport across membranes are essential for the understanding of many physiological processes.
KeywordsPermeability Lithium EDTA Titration Half Life
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.H. Degani, A.C. McLaughlin and S.R. Simon, unpublished results, to be submitted.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Degani, R.M.D. Hamilton, J.H. Mangold and S.R. Simon, to be submitted.Google Scholar
- 6.A.C. McLaughlinGoogle Scholar
- 7.H. Degani and G.A. Elgavish, Febs. Letters, in press.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Conlon and R. Outhred (1972) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 288, 351.Google Scholar
- 13.G.A. Elgavish and J. Reuben, to be submitted.Google Scholar