The Theory of the Large Scale Structure of the Universe
The God-father of psychoanalysis Professor Sigmund Freud taught us that the behaviour of adults depends on their early childhood experiences. In the same spirit, the problem of cosmological analysis is to derive the observed present day situation and structure of the Universe from certain plausible assumptions about its early behaviour. Perhaps the most important single statement about the large scale structure is that there is no structure at all on the largest scale — 1000 Mpc and more. On this scale the Universe is rather uniform, structureless and isotropically expanding — just according to the simplified pictures of Einstein-Friedmann........ Humason, Hubble.....Robertson, Walker. On the other hand there is a lot of structure on the scale of 100 or 50 Mpc and less. There are clusters and superclusters of galaxies.
KeywordsRadio Source Large Scale Structure Globular Cluster Approximate Theory Peculiar Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Doroshkevich, A.G., Sunyaev, R.A. and Zeldovich, Ya.B., 1974. “Confrontation of Cosmological Theories with Observational Data”, M.S. Longair (ed.), Dordercht,Holland/Boston, USA.Google Scholar
- Zeldovich, Ya.B. and Novikov, I.D., 1975. “Structure and Evolution of the Universe”, Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Doroshkevich, A.G., Ryabenkyi, V.S., Shandarin, S.F., Astrophysica, 9, 257.Google Scholar
- Doroshkevich, A.G., Zeldovich, Ya.B., Sunyaev, R.A., 1976. In “Formation and Evolution of Galaxies and Stars”, S.B. Pikeiner (ed.), Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Doroshkevich, A.G., Shandarin, S.F., 1976. Preprint IAM No.3.Google Scholar
- Doroshkevich, A.G., Shandarin, S.F., 1978. Mon. Not. Roy. Soc. Astron., 182 (in press).Google Scholar
- Doroshkevich, A.G., Saar, E.M., Shandarin, S.F., 1977. Preprint IAM No.72.Google Scholar
- Doroshkevich, A.G., Shandarin, S.F., 1977. Preprint IAM No.73.Google Scholar
- Doroshkevich, A.G., Shandarin, S.F., 1977. Preprint IAM No.84.Google Scholar
- Doroshkevich, A.G., Saar, E.M., Shandarin, S.F., 1978. This volume.Google Scholar
- Joeveer, M., Einasto, J., Tago, E., 1977. Preprint A-1, Struve Astro-physical Observatory Tartu.Google Scholar