Measurement of Spanwise Distribution of Turbulent Structures
Techniques which can be used to determine the three-dimensional nature of the structure within turbulent flows are described. The methods include spanwise, space-time correlations based on conventional and intermittency signals and evaluation of co-spectra and coherence.
KeywordsVortex Convection Coherence Posite Autocorrelation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Béguier, C., Giralt, F., Fulachier, L. and Keffer, J.F., (1977), Negative production in turbulent shear flows. Structure and Mechanisms of Turbulence II, 23, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 7.Budny, R.S., Kawall, J.G. and Keffer, J.F. (1979) Vortex street evolution in the wake of a circular cylinder, to be published, 2nd Symp. Turb. Shear FlowsGoogle Scholar
- 13.Kawall, J.G. and Keffer, J.F. (1977), Uniform distortion of a heated turbulent wake. Structure and Mechanisms of Turbulence II, 85, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 16.Keffer, J.F., Kawall, J.G., Giralt, F. and Béguier, C. (1979), Analysis of turbulent structures in complex shear flows, to be published, 2nd Symp. Turb. Shear FlowsGoogle Scholar
- 19.Mourn, J.N. (1978), Structure of the plane turbulent jet, B.A.Sc. Thesis, Mech. Eng. U. of T.Google Scholar
- 20.Mourn, J.N., Kawall, J.G. and Keffer, J.F. (1979), Two-point statistics in the plane turbulent jet, to be publishedGoogle Scholar